Sunday, July 27, 2008

Trip via RA Road


It was a rainy morning yesterday as i pulled myself out of the bed. We had planned to go to the Oberoi Mall at Goregaon . Bejoy , Ketan , Meghna , Narendra , Sayali and me. I got ready and we all met at the mess for a quick breakfast. With rains coming down on us we hurriedly scampered into autos and traveled towards Hiranandani where Bejoy was supposed to pick us. Once we got comfortable in the van he has, he asked us. "Do you want to go by the normal route where in a lot of accidents take place or by a road which is less traveled and you wouldn't believe such an area existed in Mumbai?" The less traveled road we said. We all got excited to go on an adventure ride and guess what it actually turned out to be one of the best outings I have ever had.



The road called the RA road is a treat for the eyes. It has lush green fields and trees on both the sides. Hills and dense forest make it a pleasure to travel through. It was raining and the rain washed trees looked beautiful. Every thing was so fresh and seemed so new. There was a sense of tranquility and sereneness all around. We crossed a beautiful lake which had ducks. The whole view was absolutely mesmerizing with green hills, green fields and rain falling , and music playing in the background . It was just breathtaking. I could not imagine something like this here.

While on the return journey we went on the same road and took a detour to royal palms. The view from the hill down below was simply indescribable. The sight of the lush green valley with rain, gentle cool breeze and the mist made my day.

Wish I could travel there everyday an sit silently near the lake, it gave me a sense of peace. I felt so calm and a strange happiness in my heart. The most beautiful feeling I ever had.

No comments: